Common Law Admission Test is a test conducted by the National Law schools/universities for admission to their undergraduate and post graduate degree programme ie.LLB&LLM.
|Issue of Notification||October 4, 2018|
|Online registration for CLAT 2019 begins||January 13, 2019 [Earlier January 10, 2019]|
|Online window of CLAT 2019 application form opens||January 13, 2019 [Earlier January 10, 2019]|
|Fee payment of CLAT 2019 begins||January 13, 2019 [Earlier January 10, 2019]|
|Online registration for CLAT 2019 ends||March 31, 2019|
|Online window of CLAT 2019 application form closes||March 31, 2019|
|Fee payment of CLAT 2019 ends||March 31, 2019|
|Issue of CLAT 2019 admit card||April 22, 2019*|
|CLAT 2019 offline exam||May 12, 2019 (Sunday) 3pm to 5pm|
|Publishing of CLAT answer key (provisional)||Second week of May 2019*|
|Representation (if any) related to answer key or questions||Second week of May 2019*|
|Publishing of CLAT answer key (final)||Third week of May 2019*|
|Announcement of CLAT 2019 result||Last week of May 2019*|
|CLAT 2019 counselling begins||First week of June 2019*|
|CLAT 2019 counselling ends||First week of July 2019*|
- Candidates should have passed Higher Secondary School/Intermediate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC and persons with Disability).
- There is no age bar for appearing in CLAT
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination can also appear provisionally. However, they shall have to produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination before or at the time of admission with detailed mark sheet.
- Candidate with compartment/supplementary in any subject in the qualifying examination will not be eligible for admission.
|Number of Questions||200|
|Marking||There is system of negative marking and for every incorrect answer 1/4th marks will be deducted.|
|English (including comprehension)||40 marks|
|Elementary Mathematics||20 marks|
|General Knowledge/Current Affairs||50 marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 marks|
|Legal Reasoning||50 marks|
Following are the subject-wise syllabus of the common law admission test-
- CLAT English Syllabus (including Comprehension): You need to focus over English based comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, you will be questioned on understanding of a passage including its central theme and word-meanings. Some of the questions will also cover questions like correction of the incorrect grammatical sentences; fill in the blanks with appropriate words, etc.
- CLAT General Knowledge & Current Affairs Syllabus: This section will test the knowledge of general awareness including static GK. Apart from GK, questions will also cover the recent topics and current affairs.
- CLAT Mathematics (Numerical Ability) Syllabus: The questions will generally of the numerical ability type of Class 10thÂ standard.
- CLAT Legal Aptitude Syllabus: The section will majorly test your interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem solving ability. The questions will be framed on legal propositions and set of facts satisfying the propositions. The propositions may not be true in real sense and you will have to assume the true proposition based on the set of facts and answer the questions accordingly.
- CLAT Logical Reasoning Syllabus: The questions of this section will test your ability to identify the patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. The section will also cover a variety of logical aptitude questions including syllogism, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, the logical reasoning section will not have visual reasoning questions.